Flexible enough to employ learning and carry out education about the stock market, this national best-selling guide has ushered millions of investors towards financial success and wealth. Through O’Neil’s very own financial framework called CAN SLIM, investors may potentially increase profitability, all while minimizing financial risks and dangers. Comprised of seven simple steps, this method guarantees success in investment, leaving a little to no margin for failure. Such promise with effective results has rallied generations of investors across the globe.
Derived from stock market legends’ insights from 1880 up to 2009, this updated version provides:
- Techniques and strategies suitable in identifying viable stocks prior to large price gains
- Secrets on how to pick the ideal stocks, mutual funds in order to maximize earnings
- 100 charts helpful in determining the ideal trends
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
William J. O’Neil is the founding father and is currently the chairperson of Investor’s Business Daily. In line with this, he also established William O’Neil + Company, a firm that provides powerful solutions, equity market information, and figure research for more than 400 major financial managers across the globe.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
PART 1- A WINNING SYSTEM: CAN SLIM
INTRODUCTION- You Must Learn and Benefit from America’s 100 Years of Super Winners
- America’s Greatest Stock-Picking Secrets
- How to Read Charts Like a Pro and Improve Your Selection and Timing
- C= Current Big or Accelerating Quarterly Earnings and Sales per Share
- A= Annual Earnings Increases: Look for Big Growth
- N= Newer Companies, New products, New Management, New Highs Off Properly Formed Chart Bases
- S=Supply and Demand: Big Volume Demand at Key Points
- L=Lead or Laggard: Which is Your Stock?
- Institutional Sponsorship
- M= Market Direction: How You Can Determine It
PART 2- BE SMART FROM THE START
- When You Must Sell and Cut Every Loss… Without Exception
- When to Sell and take Your Worthwhile Profits
- Money Management: Should You Diversify, invest for the Long Haul, Use Margin, Sell Short, or Buy options, IPOs, Tax Shelters, NASDAQ stocks, Foreign Stocks, Bonds, or Other Assets?
- Twenty-One Costly Common Mistakes investors Make
PART 3- INVESTING LIKE A PROFESSIONAL
- More Models of Great Stock Market Winners
- Picking the Best Market Themes, Sectors, and industry Groups
- How I Use IBD to Find Potential Winning Stocks
- Watching the Market and reacting to News
- How You Could Make Your Million Owning Mutual Funds
- Institutional Portfolio Ideas
- Important Time-Tested Proven Rules and Guidelines to Remember