Review Broke Millennial: Stop Scraping By and Get Your Financial Life Together
by ERIN LOWRY
Erin Lowry’s “Broke Millenial: Stop Scraping By and Get Your Financial Life Together” is a comprehensive self-improvement book that aims to give readers advice on how to properly manage personal finance in a no-nonsense, digestible, and humorous fashion. Mostly aimed at young adults, “Broke Millenial” covers the mindset and mental blocks that revolve around finance and how to deal with it.
About the Author
ERIN LOWRY is the author of Broke Millennial: Stop Scraping By and Get Your Financial Life Together and Broke Millennial Takes On Investing: A Beginner’s Guide to Leveling Up Your Money. Her first book was named by MarketWatch as one of the best money books of 2017, and her style is often described as refreshing and conversational. Erin’s appeared on CBS Sunday Morning, CNBC, and Fox & Friends. She has written for Fast Company, Cosmopolitan Magazine, and Refinery29 and regularly speaks at universities and conferences around the country. Erin spent most of her childhood living in Asia but now settled in New York City with her husband.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Money Isn’t the Worst! Seriously
- Chapter 2: Is Money a Tinder Date or Marriage Material
- Chapter 3: Do You Have a Gold Star in Personal Finance
- Chapter 4: Dealing with the Dreaded B-Word
- Chapter 5: Picking the Right Financial Products (aka The Chapter in Which This Book Pays for Itself)
- Chapter 6: Credit Reports and Scores: The Reports and Scores: The Report Card for Life
- Chapter 7: Wait, I Shouldn’t Just Pay the Minimum Due on My Credit Card?
- Chapter 8: Yikes, I Already Have Consumer Debt. What Now?
- Chapter 9: Student Loans: How to Handle Them
- Chapter 10: I’ve Got Debt, So, Why Should I Care about Saving? (Pay Yourself First)
- Chapter 11: I Can’t Afford to Split This Dinner Bill Evenly!
- Chapter 12: Getting Financially Naked with Your Partner
- Chapter 13: Paying Rent to Your Rents: Overcoming the Emotional and Financial Battles of Living at Home After College
- Chapter 14: How to Negotiate Salary (or Anything Else) by Learning to Ask for What You Want